Re: [LUG] Carrington event comms

On 26/09/17 09:01, Paul Sutton wrote:

For some instances of the radio transceiver you may do. For some things you can get several miles directed line of sight without any permit required. For small Caribbean islands that have been blown to pieces I'm not sure they'd worry too much if a few rules were breached in an emergency but you can do ax25 on citizens band which has a hell of a range with modern receivers.

Tom te tom te tom