Re: [LUG] Ransomware

On 14/09/17 18:40, Simon Avery wrote:
+1 for web based email, like Gmail.

Not only do they screen for known viruses and stop such attachments being downloadable, opening the emails themselves is probably safer than most websites. (Theoretical embedded scripted malware might work, but I would expect the webhost to prevent such things working in any situation)

I used to run mail servers and wasted months of my life playing the spam game. Never have to think about it now.

I also use a web mail service, but not Gmail. Two in fact. So far they have been very reliable, with no rubbish getting through,

Neil