Re: [LUG] Ransomware

On 14 Sep 2017, at 18:40, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> +1 for web based email, like Gmail.

Whilst Gmail specifically do this amazingly well, your email account is exposed to
the usual web issues like XSS unless the service is well architected. We've seen
Yahoo!'s web mail fail with catastrophic results multiple times.

You also have to use a browser, and it makes PGP a pain (no the plugins are dreadful
like most PGP clients).

Anyway I have way too many problems with software to be discussing them...