Re: [LUG] Bluetooth Earphones

On 02/09/17 09:32, George Parker wrote:
On 01/09/17 23:39, Julian Hall wrote:
On 01/09/17 07:06, George Parker wrote:
On 30/08/17 17:46, Neil wrote:
On 30/08/17 11:14, Neil wrote:
Thinking about trying some bluetooth over ear headphones. I don't need to spend much, as not going to be used for music. There are so many that I found when looking on the internet that I am getting confused.

Any recommendations please?

Neil

As a follow up:-

I have a mobile phone which has bluetooth enabled. I have been trying to get it to pair up with my desktop computer. Hopeless. It is obviously more complicated that I realised.

Perhaps I should give up and stick with wifi or cable.

Neil

I have a pair of bluetooth headphones which I got for listening to podcasts & radio on my phone which work fine. But when I try to use them to pair to a laptop running Mint to listen to music I get nowhere. I also bought a small bluetooth speaker but got the same results, no music output. I haven't spent a lot of time trying to fix it because, frankly, life's too short.

The headphones , by the way, are Bluedio T2+, cost Â25 and are more than good enough sound quality for me.

George

Hi George,

Out of interest what version of Mint was that? I'm running 18.3 - Sonya - and had no trouble at all; I just installed Blueman, plugged in my USB adaptor, turned the headphones on, and went through the wizard to pair them. Bearing in mind it was only a whim that made me even try it, I had it working inside five minutes.

Kind regards,

Julian

I'm running Mint 17.3 Rosa (systemd no way). This is on an Asus X395F notebook which doesn't need an adaptor. It will pair to the headphones or speaker but always routes the music through the internal sound system. I probably will get around to sorting it when the dark nights come (not long now...)

Hi George,

That caught me offguard last night too. You may have already tried this, but all I did was right-click the speaker icon, then Input Device and change it from the default. It doesn't do it automatically.

Kind regards,

Julian