Re: [LUG] HDMI

On 26/08/17 08:57, Richard Brown wrote:
Thanks Tom.

Graphics hardware is onboard sound
Last time I looked it was just a blank screen. I am at work but will check again tonight.
No sshd yet.

Thanks

Rich

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 at 08:49 Tom via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 25/08/17 20:41, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi All

I installed Ubuntu on a new computer and am running into some problems. The monitor I am using is connected to the computer via HDMI. Sound was working fine and then when the computer went to sleep, the sound stopped working. I did various things to get it going including installing pavucontrol and although I could see the hdmi option it wouldn't stay selected. I decided to reboot to see if the sound would come back. However, on reboot it didn't recognise the hdmi at all!

Now I cannot use the computer because I cannot see a monitor at all. I will attempt to get hold of a VGA cable tomorrow. But once in has anybody got any suggestions to help please?

Thanks

Rich

--

Richard Brown
07747 343637

I get the problem where, after it goes to sleep the sound wont work - it seems to occur on machines with Pulse Audio and the only cure I found is not letting it go to sleep! Not had the HDMI problem tho.

Tom te tom te tom

Richard Brown
07747 343637
https://gucu.org.uk/
Learning the unforced rhythms of grace

This may be enlightening (or endarkening)

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743535&highlight=hdmi+sleep

Tom te tom te tom