Re: [LUG] Install Ubuntu with HDMI only

Thanks for the help. I must admit if you had no mentioned it I think I might have forgotten the power!

Rich

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 at 15:50 mr meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 25/08/17 15:19, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Can you install Ubuntu on a computer where your only connection is HDMI
> please?

Nope - unless your witchcraft is at a considerably higher level than
mine you're definitely going to need a power connection as well...
Probably some kind of network access and an IO channel to control it too.

But I know what you mean of course :]

ANY modern OS will handle HDMI only display systems with no problem,
thankfully that even includes Linux these days.

ghost@failbot:/export/LINEAGEOS/BUILDS/GEMINI.v01$ xrandr --current |
head -n 4
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 16384 x 16384
DVI-I-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DVI-I-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI-0 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x
axis y axis) 521mm x 293mm

Cheers

Richard Brown
07747 343637