Re: [LUG] Headphones

On 23/08/17 17:40, Neil wrote:
> While I am at it I am considering getting some new phones. Mine are
> years old now. Any suggestions?

If you value your sanity and wallet, a boring/reliable second hand or
refurb unit like a Samsung Galaxy with mainline support for LineageOS
(successor to Cyanogenmod, built on AOSP).

Reflash with TWRP recovery, install LineageOS and OpenGapps (just the
bits you want), and root it with addonsu. Job done for under Â100 and
two hours cursing ADB :|

Many, many advantages with only one major disadvantage: the whole
process is a lot more effort than just buying a feature-crippled brand
new Â1000 flagship smartphone, especially the first time round.

But you'll save a massive pile of money and end up with something far
more useful, plus it's fun doing stuff yourself.

Cheers

https://download.lineageos.org
https://twrp.me/Devices/
http://opengapps.org/