Re: [LUG] Computer Components

i recommend you buy an intel NUC

Sent from my iPhone

On 4 Aug 2017, at 08:16, Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All

Finally going to spend some money! Thanks for all the support etc in getting to this stage. Can I ask for some help please?

The Goal:
I want to build a home media/school homework pc for the lounge with my kids.

The spec:
Motherboard that allows a few years of upgrades
i5 intel
Supports minimum of 16gb of Ram (i'll probably buy a stick of 8gb ram and then add 3 x 8gb of ram as finances allow
1 x ssd
2 x sata 2tb 3.5" drives
Support for 2 x 2.5" laptop drives
Graphics card to allow video editing - probably separate purchase but there for later addition
Whisper quiet and if possible low powered

It is going into an old piano - space is 12" high, 10" deep and 24" long.

I was thinking of not having a case and just add components to a piece of wood but having never done that I am concerned as to whether I can achieve this.

Runs Linux

What would you suggest please? I was going to use overclockers.co.uk for gear because I have used them before but I'm open to any help.

Thanks

Rich
--

Richard Brown