Re: [LUG] Update query - Mint 18.2

On 10 July 2017 15:23:08 BST, mr meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>The rule of thumb, particularly for non-experts,
>is ALWAYS INSTALL ALL UPDATES ALL OF THE TIME. No exceptions!

Hi,

New subscriber here. I just wanted remark that your comment has delivered peace of
mind to me because today I installed Mint 18.2 for a client (due to him misplacing
his Windows product key) and I selected the aforementioned update policy despite it
being labelled for experienced users only.

If a future update throws a config conflict up I will tackle it as and when, but I
don't have any experience with Mint personally so I wasn't sure at the time whether
I had made the right choice. It's good to know that my instincts served me well!

Cheers,

Edward