Re: [LUG] OT: Reading single RAID 1 HD from failed array.

Sorry all me again. Typically after hours of strife and then calling for help, I found out how to do it.

In short I had to install mdadm and lvm2 (both already done) and then:

sudo apt-get install mdadm [already done]
sudo mdadm --assemble --scan
sudo apt-get install lvm2 [already done]
sudo vgscan --mknodes

Now [this was for a Live Ubuntu session] run Disk Utility, select "vg1" in "Multi-disk Devices" option. Select "Start Volume Group". Now you should be able to see new device in list - "1.41.3-1167" for me.

Using a normal Mint 18 session I didn't need to use the Disk Utility; I just opened the Computer and then found the device which was immediately accessible. Now to find something to copy it all onto :)

Julian