[LUG] OT: Reading single RAID 1 HD from failed array.

Hi All,

One of the two HDs in my Synology DS212j (RAID 1 array) has packed in, and the last time this happened I was still able to read the data on the other surviving disk. This time I was able to access it /once/ but not since - it refuses to mount at all. A friend mentioned he was able to read from a single RAID 1 disk after a crash in Linux but couldn't remember how; we've searched the forums all afternoon without success.

Any advice gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Julian