Re: [LUG] Fab lab Devon to expand to Barnstaple

On 01/06/17 09:32, Matt Stevenson wrote:
That Fablab looks like a great creative resource, one that Torbay could do with how did they chosen whats the right way to apply to getting one in South Devon?

This is in Devon cc, Torbay is a different authority. If we want this we need at least the following

a) group of people who are willing to put in the ground work to get this in torbay
b) people who are technically capable of using / maintaining all equipment
c) users who will actually use it, and make it viable.
d) it also needs to be central, and open to ALL ages, yes that means kids so we can help them learn basic electronics,l soldering, breadboarding etc and move them up.

There are a few younger members of the tech jam team who go to the fab lab in totnes so one in Torbay would be welcome I am sure.l

I have enough on my hands, if you are local (Torbay) you could lobby the Torbay Development agency and see where that takes us, in fact i think they own the building where the library is, so i would start with them, I am currently trying get code club started, as well as running the tech jam.

Paul