Re: [LUG] nhs cyber attack

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 05:41:20PM +0100, daniel Phillips wrote:
> Will this malware remove all patient details and personal information? Quite a
> worrying scenario!! I assume information is backed up...should have switched
> to Linux, I feel along time ago.

There is no reason to believe that this kind of attack wouldn't work
against Linux. Ransomware for Linux (servers) has long been a thing.

Though the NHS appear to be affected pretty badly, it's not targeting
them. There are victims all around the world, with the largest number of
them appearing to be in Russia.

Martijn.