Re: [LUG] OT - Networking bits

New, Â4u for Â17 -Âhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4U-200mm-Deep-19-Rack-Wall-Mounted-Bracket-/201438728055 Âis probably as cheap as you'll get outside of clearance.

Another thought is fit rack strips to existing furniture, or make the enclosure out of wood - they're cheaper:Âhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6u-Rackstrip-data-strip-servers-rack-strip-/200780355906Â

Or - keep an eye on clearance, freecycle, local ebay auctions for racks and cabinets. If you can afford to be patient, something will turn up.

On 23 April 2017 at 10:17, Daniel Robinson via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I'm after a really cheap frame to stuff a bunch of networking equipment in to.

Trying to stay with the UK market; however i'm struggling to find what i am looking for.

This link goes to cablemonkey : http://www.cablemonkey.co.uk/brackets-frames/10512-350mm-deep-wall-mounted-19-frame.html
ÂSo the above link shows a 6U cabinet, i'm after something a little bigger really - and a lot cheaper...

Anyone know a good resource for upcycling or where I can buy this stuff cheaper?

Also after rack mount - Gigabit Smart/Managed Switch, Patch panel, etc..