Re: [LUG] Debian Terminal Sudo and Users

Thank you!Â

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 at 09:20 Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am sure this has been discussed several times before.

https://debian-handbook.info/browse/stable/

is a great resource for all things debian admin

well worth having a link to this.ÂÂ At least you can refer to it if you get stuck and then post here if you need help helping read.ÂÂ

1. You add your user to the group sudo

2. add user to sudo-ers list

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/68669/how-to-add-self-to-sudoers-list has more information.

As I am using a ubuntu based distro, this is set up so the initial user is sudo anyway so can't confirm this works.

Paul