Re: [LUG] Isolated off net Jessie PC

On 18/04/17 14:23, Adrian Midgley via list wrote:
What method does the panel prefer for updating a computer which is not connected to the Internet?

I could carry the system box home; carry optical or other media to it; connect it to my cellphone by WiFi ...

--
A Midgley

Well, my instinct (as a gentoo bod) would inevitably be "connect via USB and tether to mobile network" although there are often several reasons this can be difficult (RNDIS drivers not compiled into kernel is a particular nasty!).

However, https://blog.sleeplessbeastie.eu/2014/01/30/how-to-manage-packages-on-an-off-line-debian-system/ and https://packages.debian.org/jessie/apt-offline shows that Debian seems to have its own system for doing this, and may well be easier/cheaper depending on your options.

HTH, BR,

Michael.