Re: [LUG] First plunge into ZFS/FreeNAS

On 18/04/17 00:49, M. J. Everitt via list wrote:
On 18/04/17 00:28, Daniel Robinson wrote:
I wrote, "All I really want is to access the network disk hosted on the microserver as though it was a local disk on the windows computers. "

Set this up, working just how I wanted, think FreeNAS is here to stay, yay! :)

Ideal \o/ !

I was setting up a Samba share for Windows clients too, at the time .. and I still haven't brushed up to samba4 and cifs updates with ACLs and crap .. that much does seem to be taken care of adequately in FreeNAS .. :)

Enjoy!

Just remembered, don't forget to set up regular (I did weekly and daily) snapshots, so if someone accidentally deletes a file, or overwrites some critical changes (we were working with 3D CAD software!) .. you can roll back the changes -really- easily! :)

HTH,

Michael.