Re: [LUG] OT: Email addresses and web contact forms

Richard Brown via list wrote:
> Thanks to all. I have started to Google the information and it is proving
> to be very useful. Complicated but useful. I would love to bin the form -
> I can't

Why not?

It is possible to make the email right, to use the right envelope sender,
and to configure all the sending and receiving email servers to do the
right thing. Even then some statistical spam filters may bin it.

But generally forms that have to be forms are better in databases, and
general contact forms are better off as emails (e.g. mailto: links).

We have a bunch of stuff that takes structured input in WordPress and then
imports the email elsewhere and its frankly a pain. Although usually in
this case someone else has the parsing email pain.