Re: [LUG] Native Linux Data Recovery

On 08/03/17 15:24, Trevorexwick.com via list wrote:
> So let's now image someone, obviously a friend, has deleted his /lib folder with
> an advised *. Would systemrescuecd be the best way to get that back?
>
> Thanks
>
> Trevor
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Trevor@xxxxxxxxxx

Ouch.

That's gonna be no picnic if you manually restore every file (assuming
their file-system entries haven't already been overwritten).

My best suggestion would be to back-up all your important files (ie.
/home) and make a list of installed packages/applications and re-install.

If it was Gentoo, I'd say you can "emerge --empty-tree" which would
simply in-place reinstall everything, but somehow I doubt that's the
case, alas .. :)

Best regards, and good luck!

Michael.