[LUG] Native Linux Data Recovery

Hi All,

A friend has a 2 HDD NAS in RAID 1 configuration. He suspects the NAS box itself is dead because he cannot read from either disc separately. Obviously he needs to recover the data, but ZAR (Windows) is not able to recover anything. We think that's because the drives are Ext3 formatted. Is there any native Linux recovery software we can try? Asking here first because I know I'll get decent help backed up by actual experience.

Kind regards,

Julian