Re: [LUG] Cheap tablet

Busy subject!

Personal experience of cheap android tablets;

A 9" unbranded one for Â40. Absolute bargain - great battery life, quad core, plenty of space. Brilliant, still use it daily.

Sadly I could never find that again when I went shopping for a second one, so bought one from a reputable ebay seller. This one turned out to have malware baked into the firmware which activated after a couple of weeks and started showing adverts over the top of everything else. Burned through two PAYG sims in hours (the user didn't realise how much it was downloading). I eventually got a refund and apology from the vendor, but has left a nasty taste in my mouth.Â

I think I'd go for something with a reasonable brand and good reviews in future, but the choice on ebay et al is totally overwhelming.