Re: [LUG] Cheap tablet

I have bought 5 tablets all from China without any problems over the last 4 years. 2 of them for a friend who uses them for email and browsing on the sofa between TV and has been very happy with them. The last was about Â120. I also bought one for my wife for the purpose of playing Candy Crush which cost Â50 and was worth every penny to keep her away from more useful gear. I haven't had any problem with getting rid of vendor bits and pieces.

My latest latest tablet is a Cube 9x U65GT which cost about Â175. It has a 4:3 screen which is very hard to find. I think it is an Apple screen which I think is the only good thing about Apple. Why every other screen on the market is 16:9 I do not know as I find it the most useless screen ratio, especially at smaller sizes.

I mainly bought this tablet to read magazines as I don't like using a desktop or laptop for this; I like to lounge. I also bought a bluetooth keyboard which works well but which I hardly use. Reading an A4 magazine or a newspaper on a 16:9 format is a waste of time.

At the moment I am between houses and on the move which is a situation a bit like going on holiday. I expected to use the tablet quite a bit but I don't. I use a 5" android phone for email and instant browsing and a laptop running Mint for proper browsing, banking etc. I don't trust android security really. The phone by the way is another China purchase, an Elephone P8000, which I'm more than happy with. I would like to try Modding it but I rely on it too much to risk bricking it at present.

George