[LUG] upgrades, part two

Thanks for all the help with normal upgrades. I now have a much clearer idea of what to do.

There is another kind of upgrade message I get sometimes which puzzles me too. My distro is Xubuntu 16.04 LTS. This uses the xfce desktop so I do get messages about updates. Here is an example ...

xfce4-terminal 0.8.4 is now available for download from

http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfce4-terminal/0.8/xfce4-terminal-0.8.4.tar.bz2

http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfce4-terminal/0.8/xfce4-terminal-0.8.4.tar.bz2.md5

http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfce4-terminal/0.8/xfce4-terminal-0.8.4.tar.bz2.sha1

http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfce4-terminal/0.8/xfce4-terminal-0.8.4.tar.bz2.sha256

On checking I see that my current version is 0.6.3, so quite old. What I don't understand is how I use the above message to upgrade this package. If I put the first one into a browser I just get a page with the following on it

7d9ea57301d6a770e5db8e7ecd6e4cda  xfce4-terminal-0.8.4.tar.bz2

Which does not help me much.

Do I have to search the internet for one of the above so that I can download it and install it?

Sorry if this is a silly question.

Neil