Re: [LUG] Scam calls - again

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 15:33:13 +0000
Lists <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Lists,

>My first thoughts are that there are two possible explanations. The
>callers are using some clever set up to make the numbers look like
>normal UK numbers, or these scammers are actually in the UK. Has anyone
>on the list come across this at all?

01340 is a valid UK code for Craigellachie.  So they may be UK based.
Did they sound Scottish?

It is also possible to have a UK number and still be based overseas.
Usually, such numbers are non-geographic but I wouldn't put it beyond
the realms of possibility to have a (seemingly) geographic number and be
overseas.

--
 Regards  _
You're all invited to a party, you don't even have to come