Re: [LUG] UK Gov Secure ID

On 15 Oct 2016, at 20:36, Adrian Midgley <amidgley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The question of what a password or a user ID is actually for on that site seems to have been skated over.

It is interesting question but I think beside the point.

Your Dev framework should have a username and password box and it should follow best practice. If you cobble your own together you deserve to be hacked.

My builder skimped on everything, but put a Yale lock plus old style mortise lock rather than something he made himself, and those cost him money, many of the frameworks have them for free.

There is a certain amount of buyer beware. How many of you specified how credentials should be handled when you bought software?