Re: [LUG] Best free software webmail client

Hi simon,

I use Citadel, works for me.

On 25 September 2016 at 21:56, Adrian Midgley <amidgley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How do you route mail outward?
Fixed IP in a range not noted to be ISP?
Contract with SMTP forwarder?

On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 at 17:51 Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Simon, do Postfix with Dovecot currently, wouldn't touch Exim unless they've sorted the monolithic insecure architecture.

I don't touch spam rules, and nearly all the spam received is forwarded by the dcglug server :( But I probably should do better for the family, cull of some more fashionable malware types at least.

Whilst when I've helped with Zimbra before and fixed issues, I agreed it is a case of spending many minutes figuring out how to apply my knowledge of the components in use without breaking Zimbra, hence my reluctance. I've also seen painfully slow Zimbra instances, which I think is just under resourced hosting.

Agree Gmail is great, but I'm minded to retain control. Did think perhaps run it on a VM on my home server, although probably should sort the damned router reliability, since it's hardly any traffic except for me, that way nothing exposed except email ports.