[LUG] 20160904 Bewoophphed by KDE GnuCash (solution in Gimp forums)

to DC LUG <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dear Folk,
20160904  Bewoophphed by KDE

1 I swapped on one machine with OpenSUSE Leap 42.1 from XFCE to
their KDE desktop  to try it out.
I have used XFCE for years on OpenSUSE and other distributions
 with a lot of success and (some bad) habits but workable.
I use KMyMoney on MS Win10, and  a proprietary company bookkeeping
system for Company books files (VAT books). To try for complete MS
independence I need to get a non-proprietary shift-able free bookkeeping
set so,  tried GnuCash.
Only bookkeeping is necessary  to make use of windows.
[I tried GnuCash for VAT books 10 years ago but gave up.]

Umn! Worked well on MS Win10, did my experimental GnuCash.
Bad on OpenSUSE Leap 42.1 KDE  desktop.

Problem of white on white (feint grey) background hover for buttons.
Tried GnuCash forums no solution. Many adjustments  in settings no joy.
On GIMP forums and KDE bug list a potential answer that worked.
you need to uncheck a box  to "use colours on Gt."
Simple but took a while to find, note answers are on GIMP forums where
the problem has been noted for along time.

As GnuCash downloaded from OpenSUSE repros, makes we wonder about
quality checking, or if no on users of GnuCash?

May be of use to others.
--

regards,
Eion MacDonald