Re: [LUG] Updates

On 29/07/16 08:47, barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have some updates due to install (Xubuntu 16.04). Fine. When I try to run them I get a message that they include some from untrusted sources. I have looked through the list and I am happy to continue.

So I click on OK and the updater just closes down. so I tried removing the tick symbol from the ones that looked to be the problem but to no avail.

How can I force these updates to go ahead?

Thanks,

Neil

I've just realised what's happened here - the packages are signed and sometimes when the signing is checked the signing place is inaccessible so they cannot be checked, or synaptic is just being a bit crap, or both.

Tom te tom te tom