Re: [LUG] Updates

On 29/07/16 14:30, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jul 2016, barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

# apt-get autoremove

...too since you're there.

Thanks. I have run update and upgrade and they went OK. The computer is now reported as being up to date. I have not bothered with the remove. It is a fairly new desktop and shouldn't have any unnecessary files, or not many anyway. I will keep that in mind though,

The upgrade step might have told you if you needed autoremove anyway, however it might be an idea to run:

  # apt-get clean

which will delete the downloaded compressed packages (which are really no-longer needed)

Gordon

I find apt-get clean is very handy on RaspberryPis!

Tom te tom te tom