Re: [LUG] Newton Abbot IT Job.

Thanks for comments, Eion. Always good to get feedback so we can improve.

I'm not certain this applies with Indeed, but I think including direct contact information with some sites is disallowed as they can't monitor applications.Â

That said, our name isn't blocked, and the info's on our site for someone resourceful.

Regards,

On 30 June 2016 at 15:12, Eion MacDonald <eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 29/06/2016 22:38, Andy Wills wrote:
> Hi Simon, Martin,
>
> I guess my position on all this would be I'd prefer to know what
> others in the company were earning before pitching a salary for
> myself.

I read advert although I have no suitable experience or anywhere close
to the job site.

I thought the advert reasonable.
My own main paid job (contractor support for commercial side of
engineering company(ies)) has been advertised for a couple of months
prior to my last contract expiring.
I was invited to apply.
Pay grade only given as a range. Lots of detail of what is required (I
advised it was not listing some points I though relevant to know by
company, if they were interviewing folk)
I refused to apply (due 'employee status'). Contract expired.
Now re-hired on a new contract at my price and on my terms.
Freedom is sometimes more important than pay, just as some folk might
prefer to work for a charity than for a 'for profit (any industry)' job

The fact that you disclosed you were a charity, does indicate you are
not in the big salary league but need a decent applicant within what you
can afford.

Your advert does not give any offence.
Only thing I might have wanted was a phone number (inside advert) to
discuss or seek answers to questions before applying on line.

Where I help as a volunteer, many seeking jobs have no computer or smart
phone and cannot apply online, albeit these are not seeking IT jobs.
A lot of the folk in UK are not IT literate or have IT resources.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald