Re: [LUG] remote sensing

Just been down the veggie patch - the wind has blown the netting off the cabages and the pigeons and crows(!!) have had a field day.
Its a good 100yd from the house with no power.
It did occur to me it should be possible, now the raspberryPi zero has a camera connector, to knock up a small solar panel, battery and pi/camera to monitor activity in the patch and then send me a photo on motion detect via long range wireless.
Any ideas?
Tom te tom te tom

Hi Tom,

Low TechÂsolutionÂfor your bird eating crops problem could be one my Mother uses. Dad ties together an A-frame usingÂbamboo poles, from which my Mother likes to hang my imported punk albums and windows XP original CD's from. I think the refracted light from the CD's freaks out most hungry animals.
To keep the cats off, Fill plastic bottles about 3/4 full with water and lay them on their side. Teabags and egg shells keep slugs and snails away.Â
To eradicate nature completely ;) add a Solar powered ultra sonic wave moleÂrepellent.

Cheers

On 24 June 2016 at 19:09, mr meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 24/06/16 18:39, Tom wrote:
> On 24/06/16 16:25, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Jun 2016, Tom wrote:
>>
>>> it has just occurred to me what I really need is a buzzard on a stick
>>> that just flaps its wings every now and then. Should keep most things
>>> away!
>>
>> I'm sure you could make something out of an oil drum, cylinder of
>> propane, a spark plug and a little car HT coil - maybe a 555 timer to
>> trigger a relay to fire the spark every minute or so ...
>>
>> But then again...
>>
>> http://portek.co.uk/portfolio-item/scatterbird-mk3-bird-scaring-gas-gun/
>>
>> Gordon
>>
> The next door farms use those - they dont scare em for long.
> Tom te tom te tom

Might seem a bit strange coming from a vegetarian tree hugger like
myself, but there's always the old school option to consider surely?
Twelve bore shotgun.

BOOM HEADSHOT

Not automatically operated for obvious reasons...

Cheers