[LUG] Ras Pi Zero Motion Detection

OK, sorry if this is in the archives, I’m having problems searching them…

So – I’ve got my Pi Zero (v1.3 with the camera connector), the camera module, the special cable to connect the two… (thanks Pimoroni…)

Now, all I want to do is get the motion detection setup & working and as it has been a few days (years?!) since I last did this on my first Pi, I thought I’d have a fresh look around.

Appears that things have moved on a little..

Original I used Motion: http://lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome but that appears to have (had?) a few issues with the Ras Pi camera module (or is that just resolved by “modprobe bcm2835-v4l2” now?

So, there’s now motionEyeOs: https://github.com/ccrisan/motioneyeos/wiki - my concern is that this is yet another “load the whole thing”, rather than sticking to a “standard” Linux distro and adding packages…

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

It also have GPIO ready to go… motion detection can trigger hardware I/O… nice

Or – should I be looking at something else here???

Any pointers would be good.

Thanks,

Steve