[LUG] Fwd: trying to rescue external hard drive(my sister bf 3tb drive)

attempt 1 on old toshiba laptop (dual core, 1gb of memory very slow prob usb1)

i am guessing having probs cos my laptop has not got usb 3 on it i am
too poor to afford anything that fancy.

external hard drive usb 3 - segate backup plus - pn 1k9apv-500 4tb.the
light comes on and in link is the stuff from dmesg.

http://pastebin.com/DEjck36H

attemp 2 - on new toshiba satellite c50(usb3)

i have now booted up the toshiba c50 laptop with usb pen with linux on it

getting these results on that machine which has usb3 on it

http://pastebin.com/bLHdYwr7

lli
any ideas what i can do.