Re: [LUG] Linux 16.04 dual boot on Dell XPS L521X with Win 10

Hi Mr M

Yes live boots ok no wireless drivers and search for additional drivers discovers some unknown devices.

There is no hybrid storage. We did get as far seeing storage once. I figured it may be better to boot to Live then launch the installer. Hard wired Ethernet to be able to update and get drivers.Â

Installer crashes ever time, from what I read in Ubuntu linux compatibility check and Dell have one too, it looks like this model will support up toÂ14.04 at a push.

16.04 worked fine in HyperV we were really aiming for dual boot preferably for true performance experience.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Matt

On Sunday, 15 May 2016, mr meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 15/05/16 15:05, Matt Stevenson wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know what Ubunutu distro works on the Dell XPS 15 " range.
>
> We got as far as booting from USB after disabling fastboot and shrinking
> the c drive.
> Then the 16.04 ubuntu installer crashed each time at the Installation
> type - with none ot the options described here.
>
> https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/installation

See here:

Does your XPS 15 have a funky storage setup with a SSD cache or some
kind of weird hybrid drive? Do you ever get as far as seeing the storage
setup stage of the Ubuntu installer? Can you boot a current 16.04
installer into live mode first?

Cheers