[LUG] Synology NAS, mount with nfs

Spent a quiet day yesterday working out how to automount my synology NAS
and am intending to use that as family backup and my own cloud storage (via
VPN) - so I can access / store certain files

It supports NAS and nfs4

I can ssh in and it has rsync. So I can backup using rsync. I also have
terminal access.

My problem is that I cannot automount using nfs, because I think my UID on
my laptop is 1000 while on synlogy it is 1028

Question Is there a recommended safe solution.  If I google this problem
    eg https://www.google.co.uk/#q=synology+change+uid then this seems
    fairly common

    If I look at solving it then there seems to be three solutions

    a.  Change the UID on my laptop
    b.  Change the export file on the server eg

http://linux-unix-tips.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/fix-nfs-privileges-on-synology-nas.html
    c.  Reset the nfs server settings on synlogy eg
        https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SettingUpNFSHowTo

Any help greatfully received

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately