[LUG] Open Document Format

I work in IT support a couple of days a week at a local primary school.

The financial admin. was putting together a SFVS (schools financial
value standard) report for Devon County Council.

Interestingly the only electronic versions of the standard form
available on the DfE website were pdf (locked, so read only) and odt. MS
Word 2016 was (predictably) unable to open the odt so I installed
LibreOffice so she could complete the form.

I know that a couple of years ago the Cabinet Office mandated odf as a
supported format for central government, but this is the first instance
I have seen of it being the only editable version publicly available.
Anyone else seen examples?

Phil