Re: [LUG] Fight the Government PR offensive on surveillance

On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 02:08:37PM +0000, Ben Whorwood wrote:
> https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/campaign-against-mass-surveillance-in-the-uk/x/7023736#/

It's awesome people are fighting the IP Bill, but this doesn't say much
more than "this bill is bad, give us some money, then we'll tell people
the bill is bad". I have a lot of sympathy for the Open Rights Group,
but they always come across as well-meaning amateurs compared to
an organisation like the EFF. Which isn't necessarily their fault, of
course. Digital freedom isn't as much an issue in the UK as it is in the
US.

Martijn.