Re: [LUG] Interactive graphy thing from CSV data

On 09/11/2015 14:28, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Nov 2015, Simon Waters wrote:
>

>> Sounds like you want data visualisation and analytics software.
>>
> It's purely for me - not publishing anything, etc. do it doesn't need
> any prettys. I'm tuning various PID solutions and just want to see the
> wiggly graphs - I can do the analysis by eye - I just need the tool to
> view it and right now the best solution I have is LO and to adjust the
> output of my programs to do the zooming/aplification that I need, and
> even output extra graph data to create those horizontal lines I want.
> Crude, but effective.
Out of the box solutions for python/pyplot:
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
plt.plotfile('yourfile.csv', cols=(0, 1, 2), delimiter=',',
subplots=False, names=['$x$', '$Label1$', '$label2$'])
plt.grid(True)
plt.show()

and Gnuplot:
set grid ytics
plot 'yourfile.csv' using 1:2 with lines, 'yourfile.csv' using 1:3 with
lines

The viewers are a bit clunky but they do let you zoom and pan.

Cheers,

Pete