Re: [LUG] Interactive graphy thing from CSV data

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015, Henry Bremridge wrote:

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 11:12:15AM +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

I'm looking for a Linux program that will let me import a CSV file of
numbers and produce a graph that I can then scroll, zoom in, zoom out and
take snapshots of various regions.

I've totally failed to get gnuplot working for me.

I can use LO to make some graphs, but I've no idea how to manipulate them
(and it's slow!)

see e.g. http://unicorn.drogon.net/beaky2.png

Does such a beast exist?

R?

eg  http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Zoom-in-in-a-plot-td3013933.html

Thanks. I'd looked at it - very briefly.

I guess what I want is the moononnastick - just a simple program to take a set of numbers via CSV and graph them. I don't want to start to type bits of code, etc. because computers are supposed to make my life easy.

But it looks like I have to.

So this is what I'm up against:

http://unicorn.drogon.net/beaky-pid1.png

I want to zoom in on the wiggly line to see how far away from blue line it is. I want horizontal grid lines too. I've had to make the graph in LO about 6 screen tall just to try to get it to expand the graph a little.

I want the promises made to me when I was in school 40 years ago - computers would make our lives easy!!! Where's my flying car?!?

Humbugs!

Cheers,

Gordon