From: "Julian Hall" <julian.hall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Dated: 19/10/2015 15:53:19
Subject: Re: [LUG] Youtube History

On 19/10/15 15:24, Martin Gautier wrote:

On 19/10/15 12:30, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I do watch youtube videos sometimes. When I go to the site nowadays I
find pages of videos that I have watched and stacks of suggestions for
others. To me that is a load of nonsense.

I have tried to remove all this history, but to no avail. I do not have
a Google account and do not wish to have one ever.

Is there some way to remove all this rubbish without creating an
account? I have tried deleting Youtube from the cookies list but again
without any success.

I hate all adverts with a passion. Help .....

Neil
I've tried and failed to remove Youtube history from my Google account. My daughter has a habit of "borrowing" my computer to watch those dumb-arsed vloggers and now I get all sorts of crap recommended to me. I tend not to visit Youtube to browse, I only use it when I'm sent there by other feeds.

Martin

Pretty obviously you'll have tried the official advice:

Access your watch history by clicking on History in the Guide or the hourglass at the bottom of any YouTube page.
  1. To remove a video: Click the delete icon on the right-hand side of the video details to remove a video from your watch history.
  2. Click Clear all watch history to delete your entire history.

What happens then?  Do they come back or just not delete?  Just curious as I've never tried it.

Julian