Re: [LUG] DOS protection

Its a cpanel server hosting a few websites and I have been looking in /usr/local/domlogs to identify which bots we want to visit and those that are there to disrupt or worse. I have not knowingly pissed off any competitors in Ukraine, Russia, Indonesia and China.

This command helped a bit to establish whose connecting to the web host.
netstat -anp | grep :80 | grep ESTABLISHED

Googled for Linux DDos attacks. Few sites out there helped https://www.liquidcomm.net/how-to-manage-a-ddos-or-dos-attempt-directed-at-your-linux-server.html

Now looking for an open source local script or perhaps I need to connect with a Linux security company.

Services like Cloudflare are a bit our my price range.

Thanks to you both.