Re: [LUG] Windows 10 being downloaded "Just in case"

On 11/09/2015 23:57, Julian Hall wrote:
> On 11/09/15 23:28, Julian Hall wrote:

>>> I confirm two Microsoft hidden files, one the afore-named $Windows.~BT
>>> size 5.63GB  and a file $Windows.~WS of 62KB on a Windows 7 Pro Machine
>>> where no permission for Windows 10 upgrade was ever given.
>> Hi Eoin,
>>
>> What is their location please?  Just to save me searching the entire
>> partition.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Julian
>>
> Beg pardon that should be Eion :)
>
> Julian

1. Name no problem. See below I am very used to good grammar Gaelic folk
misspelling it.
2 Location is root of C drive as a hidden file.
In Windows Explorer, Computer US(C:); C: $Windows.~BT

3. Name, The clerics who tried to write down names on Skye, got it wrong
compared to all other Gaels in West Scotland,
Usual Scots Gaelic for "John" is "Eoin".
Lowland Scots English spelling "Ian" (is corruption of "Eoin" sound)
Local Skye misspelling is "Eion", 15th century about, still of course
now perpetuated!
It caused much merriment and sorting of accounts in a Middle east
country when two persons had exactly the same set of misspelt names
including middle ones; one leading a delegation of 10 folk on a
government mission with very big hotel bills and me on a single visit at
same time and for same booked in period. It took a while sorting out the
bills. Hilarity is not a good name for the ensuing chaos of trying to
get a UK Minister's bar bill off my personal account.
"Eion"  works as a tracker that folk have a Skye ancestor.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald