Re: [LUG] routing - cutting off a zone

On 27/08/15 10:41, Ben Whorwood wrote:
I would be interested to hear what route (excuse the pun) you decide to
take using a Raspberry Pi.

In the past when trying to achieve similar I have used a setup similar
to this:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/lanwan-howto/24428-howtotwoprivlan

Essentially you have your main broadband router with then two additional
routers connected to the main broadband router LAN using their WAN
ports; clients then connect to each additional / second layer router.
You'll need to configure the DHCP server on each additional / second
layer router so that the subnets don't clash.

Although additional hardware is required I've found that people
typically have spare broadband routers lying around these days and it
saves having to manage VLANs.

Thanks,
Ben