Re: [LUG] Chromium Browser

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 23:11:00 +0100
Keith Abraham <keith.abraham8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Keith,

>I can only presume you guys either have an OS problem (the ubiquitous
>but flaky Ubuntu or MS Windows?) or you believe all the anti-FF fud.

Neither(1).  I base my ire on what I see.  My issue isn't entirely with
Ff, in any case.  For the most part, it's been add-ons that have caused
me grief.  Having said that, the last update that changed the default
text colour to light grey on white (here, at any rate) wasn't a pleasant
surprise.  Yes, I know it can be altered, but it requires writing style
sheets and saving them in a sub-directory under ~/.mozilla/firefox.

"WTF is that all about?!" is what most people would say.

TBH, I don't wish to go that route - after a supposed guaranteed to work
(from Mozilla, no less) style would do what I want didn't work in 99% of
cases.  I've no desire to sit here picking out web elements to add to an
ever growing style sheet mess so I can simply read what is written on
the page.

There's legislation in place to make the web more 'accessible' (read:
legible to those with eye sight problems, etc.).  What do the designers
do in response to that?  Make everything grey on grey(2).  F* brilliant.

So, after several hours of Pale Moon testing, it's that browser that I'm
using.

(1) No OS other than Debian Linux here.
(2) They'd probably call it silver.

--
 Regards  _
Gary don't need his eyes to see.  Gary and his eyes have parted company