Re: [LUG] Chromium Browser

I have always had a soft spot for Opera, although I liked the oddities of version 2...

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 19:55Âmr meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 16/08/15 16:38, Tom wrote:

> The thing is you don't want random core allocation - the browser needs
> to run in a separate core from the 'tabs' so that it can respond quickly
> to the user - if its in the same core as a looping process it can take a
> long time to respond to killing the damn thing.
> Tom te tom te tom

kill -9 `pidof firefox`

Seriously, what are you weirdoes doing to firefox to make so many bad
things happen? I use it exclusively as my main browser on every computer
I touch, every single day (win/mac/linux/bsd). I can't remember the last
time it crashed or hung or misbehaved in any way and I frequently
compile and use the bleeding edge nightly versions too. Heavy user, 70+
tabs open, lots of plugins and extensions. No issues. At all. It doesn't
use too much memory either, it's called caching!

People bang on all the time about Chrome's tab per process but fear not,
Firefox has that too: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis

Ok, so it's not in the standard builds yet but it soon will be. This is
just my personal opinion but it seems to be pretty obvious that Firefox
is the only decent browser left. Chrome is built by the corporate
overlords :/

I do also quite like vivaldi which is a weird kind of off-shoot from opera.

Cheers