Re: [LUG] Photo editord

On linux?

1)imagemagick? For example: $ mogrify -path /home/xxxxx/resized -resize
15x15% -quality 50 *.JPG (you can probably use convert rather than
mogrify but you need to give an output filename, and I use imagemagick
to batch process 50 to 100 jpegs at a time)

2) Most photo organising software has the ability to resize too, eg
Shotwell, Gwenview, digiKam and they are relatively simple.

3) Lightzone is good, some functions are more complex than GIMP due to
the options in the tool stack. Worth having for the zone mapping and
relight functions alone. However, resizing is fairly straightforward and
is available in the file>convert menu. Good instructional videos on
youtube by the way.

4) Darktable - serious overkill unless you're working with raw format.

Phil