[LUG] Generating and printing large charts

For family history I create descendency charts using a Windows programme called Micrografx Flow Charter which works very well. But it is windows, runs under wine, dates from about 1998, no longer exists, has a proprietary file format (.flo) and has limited file format export options. There are various apps that would do at a pinch, Inkskape, LibreOffice Draw, Dia, although they are not as easy to use as a flow charter, but the stopper is the printing. In Micrografx the chart is formatted as, say, an A3 landscape sheet made of 2 A4 portrait sheets side by side. The chart is drawn across the 2 A4 sheets and prints out as 2 A4 sheets which can be then taped together to give an A3 chart. Simples. Doing this you can print out a chart as big as you like, say A0, made up of A4 tiles.

I cannot find a way to do this in any Linux app that I've come across. Has anybody else come across one?

George