Re: [LUG] SSD initialisation

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015, Tom wrote:

Do I need to format an SSD or can I just dd the image to it?
Just wondering as I have a miss-behaving RaspberryPi which works fine and then occasionally wont boot.

dd the image to it.

Remember to use the 'raw' partition in the dd command, and make sure your Linux doesn't auto-mount it when you plug it in.

If the Pi is mis-behaving then either you have a crap PSU or a crap SD card. (usually)

Gordon