[LUG] DCLUG Survey results

29 people have responded - which shows there are a good few lurkers around (or a few of you spammed it!)

So, some vague conclusions on the assumption there was one person per reply.

1. Most people don't care about sticking rigidly to a linux topic, but would generally topics are vaguely related to computers and technical bits. However, there is a clear preference for "off-topic" posts to be marked "OT: Subject" and if it's used, gives a choice to the reader. Similarly, a suggestion of "AD: Advert" has been made.

2. A surprisingly even split about swearing on-list. That surprised me and although the "We don't want its" narrowly came out top, there's only two votes between all three responses. That said, there is a clear resentment about swearing from a few who would strongly prefer it didn't happen at all.

3. Comments: Most disagreements are short lived but generally viewed as unnecessary and most folk enjoy a good natured list with respect shown to all.

4. I strongly suspect that the vast majority find the list occasionally useful and a helpful resource for information and, for those who like facetime, community.Â

Full summaries:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RkX0IMWfo_KlS3bfStNQ1ELHP9SaSOUVzIfZ1l3X13I/viewanalytics

Thanks for playing, folk. I've got a better picture of what's expected from posts and I hope it's stimulated a brief ponder.