Re: [LUG] Excel Spreadsheet formula

Hi folks, perhaps these images and details can help you get an idea for what I am trying to achieve with the spreadsheet.

Scrap calling sheet.

This spreadsheet is currently used while calling accounts to find out how many units of scrap they have at their address. Each account is called on the telephone once weekly and the phone call details are logged into this spreadsheet.

http://www.mordros.myzen.co.uk/cs.jpg

Bottom tabs currently list each grouping of accounts per franchise. The image we are currently looking at shows us one of those tabs, other tabs have varying numbers of accounts listed inside of them.

Column A is currently used as a divider to show the name of the month which serves no real purpose other than making the sheet easier on the eye.

Column B begins the grouping of weekly calls. Usually a franchise is called on the same day but the date of the call is entered manually. Between weekly calls a clear cell is left blank for visual effect.

Column G Company shows which collections company to use, DME being a third party or MTS meaning in house.

Casing Collection sheet

If a collection requires the third party to attend a new log is created, currently this has been duplicated work as the data was manually re-entered into this spreadsheet.

http://www.mordros.myzen.co.uk/cc.jpg

Initially what I would like to be able to do is make a rule for the Scrap Calling Sheet which will look for the word DME to be written in to a cell in column G, copy that row and then list the row into the Casing Collection Sheet.

If column G has MTS I would like to have that listed also in another similar spreadsheet.

On 18 April 2015 at 16:25, jay bennie <jay@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

> On 18 Apr 2015, at 16:07, Mark Croft <mark.croft.lug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> i do believe it takes a lot of effort to learn database cos there is a
> lot of theory that backs it all up.

like everything, it starts with a simple principle.

a list -> relationship <- another list

use, learn more, refactor ... people get over academic with databases.

KISS